Monday, May 7, 2007

An Ode to Tootsie Roll Pops


I have recently discovered that Tootsie Roll Pops are a wonderful device for invention. I sit. I suck on a pop. I ponder. I type. Especially the red ones--they are very good for dissertation. I think it may have something to do with the fact that they are not just one, but TWO! kinds of candy. And because there is something about Tootsie Roll Pops that promises an ending. A good one. Because after I sit and ponder and type (all the while gnawing on a pop), I eventually get to the delicious chewy center. Ahhh, guaranteed and tasty satisfaction... may that be a metaphor for all of our projects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how delightful! i shall suck on a tootsie pop in your honor.

james said...

Well-done, Andromeda! More invention power to ya, sister!