Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Cosmic Significance

Three years ago today, we held a funeral for my father. I don't remember very much about it except that it snowed, a lot, in Alabama. I remember hearing afterwards of the harrowing trips home for people who attended.

Five years ago today, I got tenure.

I wonder if there is some cosmic significance to this day that I am missing. I probably miss quite a bit of cosmic significance, when it comes right down to it. Like Ash Wednesday, a mass murder, and Valentine's Day all falling on the same day. And I know, I know, time is invented. And we are inventions of time. And cosmic significance is mostly invented.

But I'm pretty cool with inventions like
love
frosé
nail polish
epideictic
gender
revolution
science

We do some good inventing, you and I. Happy Cosmic Significance to ya.



No comments: