Monday, March 2, 2009

Dogs of Snow

Dear weather.com,

Well-played, friend. I may or may not have thrown down the gauntlet to you yesterday. And, in response, you may or may not have taken that gauntlet up. With a vengeance. Now, we are being told to expect 6-10 inches of accumulation today.

Just one quick note, weather.com: it's March. You know... March--the beginning of spring, the blooming of brave flowers, the easing of temperatures, the gorgeous promise of sun-kissed summer days and mild, long summer dusks? I mean, there's no judgment here or anything. Just trying to help you out. Help me help you, weather.com. Help me help you.

Tell you what. I'll make you a deal... If you see fit to call off your dogs of snow, I promise I will be much less flippant in my future addresses to you. Let's be friends again, weather.com. Friends who listen to "Endless Love" in the dark and don't send snowy smackdowns to each other just because we can.

Sincerely,
james

No comments: