Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Your Mission

Should you choose to accept it, is this: compile a list of your favorite fictional characters. My mom and I were chatting about this last night, and we came upon an interesting question. We have already put together our top books, but do we think the favorite characters and the favorite books will correspond?

I can tell you right now, none of Coetze's characters, as real and well-written as they are, are making it onto my list. Those bitches.

So, coming soon--james's top 20 fictional characters.
Go ahead, hold your breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my but this will be fun! My immediate reaction : 2 vampires, an Austen character, two 80s teenage movie icons, the entire casts of My So Called Life, and Captain Von Trapp. I'm so well-rounded.