I am going to try to list 100 things about me because Matt H. is wonderful.
1) My name is Jaime Lane Wright.
2) I do not have a middle name--my first name is Jaime Lane.
3) I was born in Rockledge, FL.
4) But I grew up in Huntsville, AL.
5) I love college football for its passion.
6) And I am starting to love professional football for its good footwork (and longer season).
7) I never wanted to move to New York until I visited the campus of St. John's last February.
8) Someday, I will live on a beach.
9) My mom is my best friend.
10) I am afraid of monkeys
11) And clowns and not necessarily in that order.
12) I only watch TV shows on DVD because I haven't had cable for, like, eight years.
13) And all my favorite shows get canceled.
14) 2006 was the worst and best year of my life.
15) I wear hurty shoes as a matter of course.
16) I have been to many Civil War reenactments, but I have never been to a Renaissance Faire.
17) The apartment I live in right now is the coolest place I've ever lived.
18) Ellen Ripley is my favorite movie character of all time.
19) My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Helen Ripley.
20) I have kissed many people.
21) I wish that I could speak Swedish.
22) I am nervous about seeing you again.
23) My first dog was named Olivia Newton-John.
24) The first movie I ever saw was Star Wars.
25) I saw ET nine times in the theater.
26) The perfect cure for a hangover is a cheeseburger and a massage.
27) My sister has likened my temper to a tornado.
28) I think Myspace and Facebook are interesting for several reasons:
29) Because they allow me to get in touch with long-lost friends.
30) And they are marvelous rhetorical laboratories (for politics, the beginnings and endings of relationships, and vampires).
31) I read too much.
32) I do not like Less Than Zero
33) But I do like The Rules of Attraction.
34) Butter Pecan is my favorite ice cream flavor.
35) I have crushes all the time.
36) I took my students into Manhattan for a field trip last night. We saw the New York Neo-Futurists perform "Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind," and one of the writers waved his penis around onstage. That should make for an interesting discussion Monday morning.
37) My favorite Christmas movie is either "Scrooged" or "A Christmas Carol" starring George C. Scott.
38) I am obsessed with ABBA.
39) This is really hard.
40) I like people who tell good stories.
41) I love my job.
42) I wish I could tell Steve Anderson how thankful I am that I knew him.
43) I prefer gin martinis, but I drink vodka martinis because I think I may be allergic to wheat.
44) I can recite the entirety of ee cummings's "Since feeling is first."
45) I like to wear dresses.
46) I make really good spaghetti sauce.
47) I wish that I had not sold my french horn.
48) If I could go back in time, I would go to the Algonquin Hotel during the Jazz Age.
49) I have had dysentery
50 And the mumps.
51) Once, I went to Europe by myself for four weeks.
52) And my favorite city was Krakow, Poland.
53) But Amsterdam is a veryclose second.
54) Buddhism fascinates me, but I am very bad at it.
55) One of my favorite feelings in the world is this: diving into a cool body of water after a long winter. That, I think, might be the closest thing to Heaven I know.
56) Despite the fact that I am a teacher, my memory for faces and names is terrible... and that bother me quite a bit.
57) I love to curse.
58) I am a great driver,
59) But I gave my car away.
60) The subway system in New York is not as daunting as I thought it would be.
61) I am sorry that I yelled at that poor boy the other night.
62) Tonight, I am taking another class into Manhattan on a field trip--a penis-free field trip, I hope.
63) I am related to Stonewall Jackson (according to my mom).
64) My parents share a birthday--which is the day before mine.
65) My first true love was a woman.
66) I am addicted to email.
67) And the written word.
68) Sometimes, I pretend like I'm a samurai.
69) I am going to be in two graduation ceremonies this May.
70) And then I'm going to a conference in Seattle.
71) My favorite word is either salacious or shampoo.
72) I used to love Bono, but I am not so sure about that anymore.
73) And I still have not yet seen either U2 in 3-D or Across the Universe.
74) I miss Lisa Pickles.
75) Everywhere I go, I become friends with people named either Lisa, Angela, or Marc.
76) I am a good listener.
77) If I could pick a super-power, it would be telekinesis.
78) My favorite part of the multiplication table is 9.
79) I have read "The Call of the Wild" six or seven times.
80) This list has taken me days to write, and I am only on 80.
81) I don't like coffee very much, but I drink it.
82) I wish that bacon tasted as good as it smells.
83) Most of the time, I feel like an impostor.
84) I don't understand people who don't like to dance.
85) Trying to think of ways to start these statements out with something other than "I" is a challenge.
86) My grandmother was wonderful, and I miss her something awful.
87) While 2006 may have been the worst/best year of my life, last Christmas was pretty fucking bad, too.
88) Coach McGuirk, from the (canceled) show "Home Movies," is one of the most delicious characters ever invented.
89) I am suspicious of people who say they don't read fiction.
90) I am a frighteningly competitive ass.
91) Recently, I have reconnected with several people from my past, and I am glad for every single on of them.
92) I'm seriously thinking of taking those shoes back.
93) My favorite color pen is green.
94) I buy too many books.
95) I don't really like reading short stories; they feel inconsequential.
96) I am good at making people feel comfortable in social situations.
97) Sometimes, my dreams are filled with my disappearing.
98) I crave Indian food.
99) I was a good french horn player but did not believe it at the time, which sometimes makes me sad.
100) I wish I knew more about computers (but I don't wish that enough to actually study them).