This list was inspired by DH and is dedicated to E! who has been waiting very patiently for some sort of simulated entry.
1. what did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went to Tokyo. Walked in a doctoral graduation. Got bitten by a dog. Made out with a fireman.
2. did you keep your 2008 resolutions, and will you make more this year?
No. And Yes.
3. did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Hooray for Drew! Hooray!
4. did anyone close to you die?
5. what countries did you visit?
Japan. The Bronx.
6. what would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Places to swim.
7. what was your biggest achievement of the year?
Reconnecting with several old friends.
8. what was your biggest failure?
Not kicking that fucking dog over the fence.
9. did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, there was a dog, and he got a bit bitey.
10. what was the best thing you bought?
Graduation gift for E!
11. whose behavior merited celebration?
12. whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People who voted in favor of Proposition 8.
13. where did most of your money go?
Books, Shoes, Airplanes. Not necessarily in that order.
14. compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier (The job and the shoes help).
b) About the same (maybe a little bit thinner from the walking).
c) Poorer. Definitely poorer.
15. what do you wish you'd done more of?
16. what do you wish you'd done less of?
17. did you fall in love in 2008?
18. what was the best new book you read?
It's a tie. "Erotic Mentoring" or "Wanderlust, A History of Walking"
19. what was your favorite film of the year?
"Tropic Thunder" = Awesome.
20. what kept you sane?
My mom. Strategically placed martinis. E!. Hobbits.
21. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Everybody gay once in a while.