Saturday, December 1, 2007

Mind Erasers and Vegan Things

I just finished reading Dune. It is wonderful, and I miss it already. I wish I could erase it from my head, like with one of those sticks from "Men in Black," so I could read it again. That would be neat.

Also, I need a vegan recipe for potluck. We are having a Saturnalia party in my classes, and I am bringing my famed White Trash Veggie Casserole. However, because it is a white trash sort of dish, it is not-so-vegan-friendly. Can anybody recommend a savory vegan-friendly dish to bring along with that one?

And you will know me by the trail of happy, well-fed vegans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vegan Chili

Step 1: Dice 1 big onion and 2 peppers (color up to you), cook in olive oil with oregano, red pepper, and chili powder (ratio for spices should be 1:1:4).

Step 2: Rinse and Drain two cans kidney beans, one can black beans. In crockpot, add vegetable broth, 1 can of crushed tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, beans, onion/pepper mixture. Cook on high 4-5 hours.

Step 3: Add 1.5-2 cups bulgur wheat to the mix. Cook on low additional hour.

Step 4: Eat.

Unknown said...

Vegan Mua'dib
by the Kwisatz Haderach

1 trail of the dead
1 notecard to make notes as to who i am on it

Step 1: Look at the trail of the dead.
Step 2: Know me by it.

james said...

Mmmmm, chili and jihad. What could make a better Saturnalia?

A.W.S. said...

Don't be afraid to read it again some time. Just keep saying:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.