Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Love You, Weather.com

I Hate You, Weather.com.

Reasons I love you, weather.com:
1) You are good for the planning of shoes, and things having to do with shoes generally excite me.
2) You are full of colorful maps. Maps are awesome.
3) You care about my allergies.
4) You provide me with many different ways to view and/or contemplate the shift of meteorological events. That toolbar at the top of your page is super-handy.
5) You make me feel as if I have some control over things that are, in fact, completely out of my control.

Reasons I hate you, weather.com:
1) What is with that annoying lady dancing in the corner of your page? Something about credit and interest rates dropping? Jesus, she cannot dance. You should really speak to her about that.
2) Sometimes you are so wrong. And then my toes get all wet, or I am very sweaty. And that is demoralizing.
3) You frequently remind me that I am not in Cancun, and that is also demoralizing.
4) It is scary when you highlight things in red. I grew up in a place where tornadoes live, and red banners around weather alerts were never fun to see.
5) You make me feel as if I have some control over things that are, in fact, completely out of my control.

No comments: