Friday, February 22, 2008

New York Snow Days

You may be thinking, "Oh Ho! There's no such thing as a New York Snow Day!", but, my friend, you are wrong. Because I am experiencing one right now. If I had a real camera (other than a phone one) I would totally take a picture of my front yard for you. It is gorgeous and cold. And I am enjoying myself thoroughly. This New York Snow Day, you see, makes my Spring Break a day longer. Although, of course, Spring and Snow are not supposed to go together. But New Yorkers get confused about things like that.

So, today, instead of going to school to bend young minds, I am staying at home to bend my own. I am eating egg and potato frittata (heavy on the potato, light on the egg), drinking hot tea, and reading about Being.* Later, I will curl up on the couch with Schnappy and take a nap.

I Love New York Snow Days.

*Ahhh, dear Martin... it is good to be back in your unhinged, philosophical arms. You may have thought that I deserted you for that crazy Austrian, and I admit, I was tempted. (He does know how to turn a phrase--and you must remember how quickly I am seduced by the Clever and the Smooth-Talking.) But you, dear Martin, you were always on my mind.

No comments: